Mitsubishi Australia has called time on its extensive range of ASX and Eclipse Cross limited editions, while also increasing prices across much of its range.
Initially introduced in June 2021 as limited edition models, Mitsubishi Australia has confirmed the ASX ES-L, ES Plus, MR Plus and XLS Plus are no longer available as of May 2022.
This applies to the Eclipse Cross XLS and XLS Plus as well.
These models were created to ensure sufficient on-going supply during component shortages, according to a Mitsubishi Australia spokesperson.
While the limited edition models featured kit found in up-spec ASX and Eclipse Cross variants, they all missed out on active safety features such as blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert.
MORE: Running list of cars with spec changes, due to chip shortage
Before on-road prices are up by $500 across the rest of the ASX and Eclipse Cross ranges, as well as for the Pajero Sport and Outlander.
It follows a $550 price increase for the Express van range and a $1000-$2450 price increase for the Triton ute that both went into effect from April 2022.
At the same time Mitsubishi announced it’s discontinuing the Express van, with last deliveries expected by the end of 2022.
This latest price increase is due to parts, shipping and production costs, according to a Mitsubishi Australia spokesperson, and there are no specification changes to any of the affected models.
The only model that isn’t affected by this price rise is the soon-to-be replaced Outlander PHEV, which is based on the previous-generation model. Its replacement is still due in second quarter of 2022.
The 2022 Mitsubishi ASX range now starts at $24,990 before on-road costs, the Eclipse Cross range now starts at $31,490 before on-road costs, the Outlander range now starts at $34,990 before on-road costs, and the Pajero Sport range now starts at $44,440 before on-road costs.
Mitsubishi isn’t alone in raising its prices recently. Subaru recently upped the prices on most of its models, and brands such as Hyundai, Volkswagen, BMW, Audi, Isuzu, Jeep, Kia, Skoda, MG and GWM Haval have done similar over the past several months.
Updated 2022 pricing for the Mitsubishi ASX, Eclipse Cross, Outlander and Pajero Sport is as follows:
- 2022 Mitsubishi ASX ES 2.0 manual: $24,990
- 2022 Mitsubishi ASX ES 2.0 auto: $27,240
- 2022 Mitsubishi ASX ES ADAS 2.0 auto: $28,990
- 2022 Mitsubishi ASX MR 2.4 auto: $28,990
- 2022 Mitsubishi ASX LS 2.0 auto: $29,740
- 2022 Mitsubishi ASX GSR 2.4 auto: $31,990
- 2022 Mitsubishi ASX Exceed 2.4 auto: $34,490
Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
- 2022 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross ES: $31,490
- 2022 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross LS: $33,490
- 2022 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross LS AWD: $35,990
- 2022 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Aspire: $36,490
- 2022 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Exceed: $39,490
- 2022 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Exceed AWD: $41,990
- 2022 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross ES PHEV: $46,990
- 2022 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Aspire PHEV: $50,490
- 2022 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Exceed PHEV: $54,490
- 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander ES: $34,990
- 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander ES AWD: $37,490
- 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander LS: $38,490
- 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD: $40,990
- 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander Aspire: $41,990
- 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander Aspire AWD: $44,490
- 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander Exceed AWD: $48,990
- 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander Exceed Tourer AWD: $51,490
Mitsubishi Pajero Sport
- 2022 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport GLX 2WD: $44,440
- 2022 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport GLS 2WD: $49,190
- 2022 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport GLX 4WD: $49,440
- 2022 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport GLS 4WD: $54,190
- 2022 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Exceed 4WD: $59,690
- 2022 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport GSR 4WD: $61,440
All prices exclude on-road costs.
MORE: Everything Mitsubishi ASX
MORE: Everything Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
MORE: Everything Mitsubishi Outlander
MORE: Everything Mitsubishi Pajero Sport