Subaru Australia has increased the before on-road asking price on certain models by $800.
Effective immediately, this $800 price increase affects the Outback high-riding wagon, XV small SUV, and Impreza hatch and sedan.
“Subaru Australia is protecting an all existing customer orders as increases in costs associated with production and logistics results in a price adjustment for select Subaru models,” said Subaru in a statement.
“At Subaru Australia, delivering an exceptional customer experience is our priority and all alternatives are explored before any carefully considered price adjustments are implemented.”
This latest price increase follows a previous price increase for the Subaru XV and Impreza, which was reported in late April 2022.
Entry-level Impreza and XV models that lacked standard autonomous emergency braking (AEB) were also axed from their respective line-ups at the same time.
The Impreza’s price has now increased by $1300 in less than a month, and the XV range now has gone up by more than $1200 the same time period.
Taking this latest price increase into account, the Subaru Impreza now starts at $27,290 before on-road costs for the 2.0i-L sedan and the Subaru XV now starts at $33,190 before on-road costs for the 2.0i-L.
The Subaru Outback range now also starts at $41,490 before on-road costs for the AWD Wagon.
Models that aren’t included in this particular round of price rises are the BRZ, which received its own separate MY23 price increase, the Forester, and the WRX.
Subaru isn’t alone in raising the prices on the majority of its range. Volkswagen recently upped the prices on most of its models, and brands such as BMW, Audi, Isuzu, Jeep, Kia, Skoda, MG and GWM Haval have done similar in the past.
Updated 2022 pricing for the Subaru Impreza, XV and Outback is as follows:
- 2022 Subaru Impreza 2.0i-L sedan: $27,290 (+$800)
- 2022 Subaru Impreza 2.0i-L hatch: $27,490 (+$800)
- 2022 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium sedan: $29,890 (+$800)
- 2022 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium hatch: $30,090 (+$800)
- 2022 Subaru Impreza 2.0i-S sedan: $32,590 (+$800)
- 2022 Subaru Impreza 2.0i-S hatch: $32,790 (+$800)
- 2022 Subaru XV 2.0i-L: $33,190 (+$800)
- 2022 Subaru XV 2.0i Premium: $35,790 (+$800)
- 2022 Subaru XV Hybrid L: $36,790 (+$800)
- 2022 Subaru XV 2.0i-S: $38,490 (+$800)
- 2022 Subaru XV Hybrid S: $42,090 (+$800)
- 2022 Subaru Outback AWD: $41,490 (+$800)
- 2022 Subaru Outback AWD Sport: $45,990 (+$800)
- 2022 Subaru Outback AWD Touring: $49,790 (+$800)
All prices exclude on-road costs.
MORE: Everything Subaru Impreza • Subaru XV • Subaru Outback